May 8 -10 , 2015
Celebrating its 70th year, Winthrop's 49er Days is a celebration of our rich western and horse history. The event kicks off with the annual Ride the Rendezvous, a week-long horsepacking excursion through the Methow Valley high country which rides May 4-8. (Contact woga.org to join in this event) As the horse-train enters Winthrop on the final day, the community comes out to celebrate their arrival back home.
On Saturday, Winthrop celebrates it's rich Western history with a grand parade including the largest representation by horses of any parade in Washington State. For our 70th Anniversary this year, the Wells Fargo Stagecoach will also be joining us! Saturday is full of activities for the kids, the cowboys and the cowgirls.
On Sunday, the cowboys help you celebrate Mother's Day with more events and activities. All the events are open to the public. Don't miss this historical celebration!
Schedule of Events:
Friday, May 8
The Ride to Rendevous teamsters and horseback riders will kick-off ’49er Days by riding into downtown Winthrop at high noon.
Saturday, May 9
Activities in Downtown Winthrop
- 10:30am: Vigilanties and West Coast Country Heat perform downtown in front of Jacks Saloon.
- 11:00am The ’49er Days Parade begins through main street with the Wells Fargo Stagecoach and more pack strings than any parade in the state, plenty of horses, floats, a band or two, old-time vehicles and much more. Join the parade! The parade entry form can be found here.
- Following the parade at 12:00 noon kids can join in old fashioned games in front of Sheri's Sweet Shoppe including egg toss, pie eating contest, international gummy bear spitting and more.
Activities in the Winthrop Park starting at 12:00 noon:
- Outfitter Display Camps
- Mountain Men Camp
- 12:00pm Lauralee Northcott Cowboy Songs and Poetry, local musicians and members of Columbia Chapter of Western Music Association in the band shell.
- 4:00 - 5:15pm Fairfax Junior High School Band performance in the band shell.
- Crafts and Merchandise Vendors
- 12:00pm -2:00pm food services available in the park. Hot Dogs and Brats provided by the Methow Valley Snowmobile Assocaiton, pulled pork by the Kiwanis and snow cones.
- 5:00-6:00pm Outfitter Dinner in the Park, cost $20.00
Activities at the Winthrop Barn
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm "Around the Campfire" in the Barn. Cowboy poetry, music and campfire stories. $10.00 admission
- 9:30pm Country Western Family Dance in the Barn. $10.00 admission
Sunday, May 10
In the Winthrop Park
- 8:00am -10:00am: Washington Outfitters and Guides Association serves a Mother’s Day cowboy breakfast in the Winthrop Park. Cost $10.00
- 10:00am- 2:00pm Live Auction and State Packing Competition. Competitors will show how fast and well they can wrap gear and load a mule.
Please visit the Washington Outfitters & Guides Association website for more details on the Ride the Rendezvous and the history of this fine organization. Vendors should also contact WOGA.
2015 49er Parade Entry Form can be found here.
2015 Sponsors of this event include:
Bear Creek Equestrian Center, Doug Haase Excavating, Pardners Mini Mart, Pine Near RV Park, Rivers Edge Resort, Washington Outfitters and Guide Association and the Winthrop Chamber of Commerce.